Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Chocolatey Incident

Today's post is a valuable messgae for all you readers. Please take it seriously, I had to learn this life changing lesson the hard way...

I have just come back from town with my friend. I had many errands to complete today, so I thought that I would treat myself to a lovely, warm hot chocolate on this cold and windy day. I don't think that I am the only person that has done this before, but as I was so eager to drink my chocolate drink, I burnt my tongue on the first sip.

As I write this, I am sitting in my chair with my tongue hanging out due to the fact that it hurts too much to put back in my mouth. I may look like an idiot, but the rest of my family are out of the house, so I can turn my music up really loud and sing along to it- which isn't really working with the tongue problem.

The reason why I look like an idiot at the moment, is that I am very impatient, and when I buy a hot chocolate I sip it straight away, without letting it cool down first. DON'T DO THIS! For the sake of your tongue, please let the hot drink of your choice cool first, so that you don't end out like me. 

Don't get me wrong, the hot chocolate was lovely, but when I consumed my spicy chicken and pasta salad afterwards, it started to hurt and tingle a bit more. But I was too hungry to care, so I gulfed it back. I am now paying the price of my impatientness.

So please learn a very valuable lesson from todays post- Don't drink your hot chocolate/any hot liquid too quickly after you purchase it. Otherwise you will be like me with your tongue hanging out of your mouth looking like a right wally.


No comments:

Post a Comment