Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mother Nature Hates Me

I've had an eventful day today. I don't know if some people will call it that, I didn't do that much. But it's eventful aswhat I did, will stay wit hme for the next 10 years. Yes. That's right. Today, I had my passport photo taken.

The day started off alright, I went to the hairdresser's, I got my hair cut and straightened. Then I went to get a cheeky free make over at MAC (I came out of it with a foundation, concealer and brush- but a girl needs make-up!) Then the horror started happening. My hair started to get a life of it's own and decided to frizz up on me. Mother Nature didn't really help, she thought it would be a good idea and decided that it would be funny if I looked like a drowned rat in my photo. But you know what, I came prepared with frizz-ease in my bad and everything, just incase such a situation would occur.

So I arrived at the photo shop with relitavely frizzy hair and huddled under my umbrella. Then it happened. When the guy was about  to take my photo, I got into a giggle fit. If you don't know, this could be the worse possible thing to happen when taking your passport photo, as you are not allowed to smile. It seemed like this fit went on for ever, but I finally pulled a 'straight' face long enough and got the photo. Or so I thought. A few minutes after, the guy came out again and said that the picture of me was too smiley, and that he needed to take it again.

At this moment in time, the poor photographer looke dpretty fed up. I think he was in his 20's and I'm pretty sure that a hysterical/derranged teenager was the last thing that he needed on a Thursday afternoon. But thankfully, this time I didn't get into any fits of laughter, and after about the third shot, I was sort of happy with the outcome. However, let me just say that the photo taken was the best of a bad bunch. I have realised that I have quite a chubby face, because of this, I now have a photo where it looks like I have eaten a whole bag of oreos right before it being taken. I have this photo in my passport for the next 10 years. I will be almost 26 years if age when I can finally change the photo. I'm just counting down the days.

All I can say that it is better than my last photo. Last time I had a cold- big red nose and swollen eyes included. So one positive thing is that I don't look like Rudolph the bleedin Red Nose Reindeer.

s
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment