Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chucky During Maths

I was listening to Zane Lowe's show on Radio 1 last night. It was the Red Hot Chilli Peppers night, where they played the gig of them performing at Coco in London, and then onto their story. Now I'm not saying that I'm the biggest Red Hot Chilli Peppers' fan, and in all honesty, I've only heard a few of their songs before and liked them, but I've never really listened to their music before, that was until last night. So I was actually quite excited to hear a live set and then their story. But as I was really tired last night I basically laid down on my bed, closed my eyes, and relaxed. I didn't fall asleep. But I just relaxed for a while, which I think is really important.

And to be fair, I really enjoyed it. Even though I was in my room for a few hours, on my own, I found that my mood just went uphill and I felt really good afterwards. I just think music does that to you. Do you know what I mean? Music can make you feel any emotion under the sun, it just depends what genre you choose to play.

Some might think it's weird, but I like pretty much any type of music; pop, rock, country, techno, alternative rock, I don't even mind a little bit of screamo. However, my friends don't always share in my love of music, they think that I'm a bit strange sometimes, as I'm not always into the latest pop culture, but I do like to listen to things that aren't sickly sweet, but songs that actually have a proper meaning to them. Not just what you did during the weekend and how drunk you got. But I don't want to change what music I listen to, just because my friends don't like it. I do want to be my own person, and I shouldn't want to change what I like just so that my friends won't give me strange looks when they're flicking through my iPod.

And in all honesty, I think that's probably why I'm friends with the people that I am friends with. In some aspects we are completly the same, but in others, we couldn't be more different. But you know what they say, opposites attract! And to be honest, I think I've got my friends into different types of music, although, one did say to me today that they don't like any of the Foo Fighters' songs. But don't worry, I'll be working on that very soon.

On a different note, in maths today, my teacher showed us this really weird algebra method, which ended out with her drawing this scary looking face on the board. That explains the picture at the top. I couldn't resist. I need that strange chucky doll-esc thing in my life. (Sorry if the lines are a bit faint, but I think you get the picture- no pun intended). 

s
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment